Project / Program Management
- Green Line Extension (GLX) Project – Client is MBTA (2016 to current) – assist the MBTA Program Manager by providing construction management services as part of MBTA management team. Overall program value is $2.3B; DB contract value is $1B. My role, as ACS, included re-scoping of the program to meet affordability goals, Design-Build contract procurement assistance, and various roles in administering the DB contract with focus on resolution of commercial issues.
- Central Artery/Tunnel (“Big Dig”) Project – Client was MassDOT (1989 to 2007) – provided construction management services as state employee. Overall program value was $14.6 B, with construction value of $9.6 B. My role, both before and after starting ACS, included oversight of private sector PM team, oversight and review of design consultants, area construction management of construction contractors, and ultimately as Director of Construction. In that role I led a staff of over 600, responsible for construction quality as well as budget and schedule goals.
- Various projects: Owner’s Representative – client is MassDOT and MBTA– provide statutory-required services as independent monitor of major projects. My role, as ACS, is to review documents and attend meetings in order to provide professional opinion as to ability of project team to meet budget and schedule goals. Projects (and values) include:
- Sumner Tunnel Rehabilitation Project (active): $120 M
- Red Line/Orange Line Transformation Program (active): $ 1 B
- Longfellow Bridge DB rehabilitation Project: $305 M
- Alford Street Bridge replacement project: $65 M
- Burns Bridge DB replacement project: $110 M
- Silver Line Gateway busway project: $40 M
- Dispute Resolution Program administration
- Various projects / various clients, Dispute Resolution Board member. My role as Board member is to work with two other members in assisting the parties (owner plus contractor) to avoid and resolve disputes; if the parties are unable, the dispute is presented to the Board for resolution.
- Projects (and values) include:
- Purple Line Extension – LA Metro and Frontier-Kemper/Tutor Perini; “Segment 3” DB project to install tunnel, using TBM method, for extension of Purple Line subway ($420 M)
- Parallel Thimble Shoals Tunnel – Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel District and Chesapeake Tunnel JV (Dragados/Schiavone); DB project to install new roadway tunnel, using TBM method, to increase capacity ($750 M)
- LaGuardia Central Terminal – Laguardia Gateway Partners and SWJV (Skanska/Walsh); DB project (working for P3 concessionaire) to replace central terminal, approach roadways, parking garage, and miscellaneous other airport facilities ($ 4 B)
- Harold Structures Part 3A – MTACC and Harold Structures JV (Sciavone/Picone); part of MTA’s NY City East Side Access; scope included jacking of bypass tunnel through country’s busiest railroad yard ($ 104 M)
- Second Avenue Subway, C26009 – MTACC and Comstock/Skanska; part of MTA’s NY City 2nd Avenue Subway extension; scope included installation of track, signals, power, and communication systems ($ 200 M)
- Northern Blvd Crossing, CQ039 – MTACC and Sciavone/Kiewit; part of MTA’s NY City’s East Side Access Project; scope included mined tunnel using ground freezing technique, while supporting rail tunnel, roadway, and rail viaduct in place ($ 85 M)
Depending on the type of project, references are available upon request